In Gen, 45:7 Joseph told his brothers that “God sent me to preserve life”.
If I may be bold to give my commentary, and suggest Joseph’s thought process on this. He could have said: “I’ve had a lot of time to think about things and what you did was wrong, and you meant it for evil. You meant to actually destroy me. I didn’t understand it, but through it all I trusted in God. But I began to look back on it all and I can see that:
- If I wasn’t favored by our father, and had dreams of you all serving me – you would have not been jealous of me or hated me.
- If you would have never hated me – you would have never thrown me in the pit.
- If you hadn’t pulled me from the pit – I would not have been sold into slavery.
- If not in slavery – I wouldn’t have wound up in Potiphar’s house.
- If not in Potiphar’s house – I would not have been falsely accused.
- If not falsely accused – I wouldn’t have wound up in the king’s prison.
- If not in prison – I wouldn’t have met the king’s butler.
- If I didn’t meet the butler – Wouldn’t have met the king.
- If I had not met the king – Wouldn’t have interpreted his dream.
- If not interpreted the dream – Wouldn’t have warned him of approaching famine.
- If it wasn’t for the famine – You wouldn’t have come to Egypt
- And if all that didn‘t happen – I wouldn’t be here and neither would you! The famine would have killed us all!
- What was designed to put me under, actually elevated me”!
Joseph’s words was: “you thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.” Gen.50:20 Now, he could have been bitter, revengeful, angry…. but instead He saw with God’s eyes. He took whatever situation he was given to follow God fully, and was always blessed in the process. He learned very early in life what it means to say “it is well with my soul”.
Elder Steve Smith
Thank you for visiting. Please subscribe, follow, like, share, or leave a comment.
Elder Steve’s new book, “Walks Of Faith”, is now available in Paperback and eBook formats.
For 25 years, Steve and his wife Belinda have walked many journey’s directed by God. From owning their own businesses – to selling everything and traveling in ministry full time – to serving and pastoring many churches in Canada, Kentucky, and in Florida. Not all walks were easy, but they learned how to totally trust God and recognize Him in everything they did. The spiritual knowledge and wisdom they gathered along the way, provide valuable insight and revelation into God and His ways for our lives. See God in a different and fresh way than you ever have before through their walks of faith.